Shayna Turk's Academy of Rising STARS
18th and 19th Productions
Our camp offers children a theatrical experience they will never forget. In addition, STARS raises self-confidence and self- esteem of each child that participates. All parts are multi-cast to ensure that every child's' abilities are utilized. This summer's session will include training in voice, dance, characterization, improvisation and set design.
Information regarding this summer's sessions!
- Camp occurs every week day from 9:30am-3:30pm with a 30 minute lunch break taken around noon. No camper may leave early or arrive late without having discussed with a STARS staff member the previous day.
- All camp days will take place at the theater. Please e-mail us to arrange carpools or for directions.
- In order for your child to participate in a STARS production, they may not miss more than 3 days, unless previously discussed with the STARS staff.
- In addition, no dress rehearsal or show date may be missed.
- Also keep in mind that since not every child will be in every cast, they will not have to attend the other shows, but it is suggested, as it's great to support fellow cast mates and friends!
If you are interested in signing your child(s) up for this production, please contact Alex Epstein, assistant director, by phone or email before the audition date. The cost for first session, "The Wizard of Oz" is $650 and the cost for second session, "Hairspray" is $750. Early bird discounts are available by March 1st for session 1 and April 1st for session 2!
Last but not least, since not every child is a theater kid, we offer a refund if after 2 full days of camp you realize that STARS is not the appropriate camp for your child. You will receive everything but a $100 deposit back, as we will then have to rearrange parts, casts, and costume orders to offer the best production to our campers. We do understand that your child may or may not be a "drama king or queen" so we'd like to create as little "drama" as possible. Please be aware of this before you sign your child(s) up.
If you would like to receive updates from our camp, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, telephone number, and address.
"Wizard of Oz"
Performance Dates: July 5th, 6th, & 7th at 7pm
Auditions: June 2 from 10am-4pm
Performance Dates: August 9th, 10th, & 11th at 7pm
Auditions: June 29 from 10am-4pm
Contact us for an audition time.
Ages 5-15 * No Experience Needed
(818) 835-4962 | www.dramastars.com | email@example.com